Let us pray for the world that needs the presence of the Risen Christ.
- For the Church: that the freedom brought by the resurrection may enable us to live with purpose, we pray:
- For Christians who are deprived of celebrating the Eucharist — especially during this time of isolation, that they may find companionship with God through the scriptures, recall with gratitude all who are significant in their life, and encourage others who are alone, we pray:
- For all in our community: that the Spirit will guide our daily journeys and enable us to ease fear, bring hope, and offer encouragement to those who touch our lives, we pray:
- For individuals and organizations that provide bread for the hungry or that advocate for the most vulnerable among us, we pray:
- For all who are unemployed: that God will help them to find the resources that they need and open new opportunities for them to use their gifts
- For those who are ill, may they feel Jesus’ healing touch in the loving hands of their caregivers, including, Marty Sherman, Mark Juenemann, Nedra Confer, and George Cierzan, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one, may they find comfort in the joy of Jesus’ resurrection, we pray:
God of abundance: We are grateful for this Eucharistic feast in which Jesus is made known to us. Open our hearts to Christ’s ongoing presence among us. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.