On the Feast of Pentecost, let us pray that the fires of the Spirit’s love will rest upon us.
- For a Spirit of unity: that the divisions between Christians may cease and the walls that divide believers may fall, allowing us to pray and grow together as members of God’s family, we pray:
- For a Spirit of mercy: that we may reach out to all who are burdened by illness, poverty, disasters or violence and show the face of God to them through our compassion and attention, we pray:
- For a Spirit of hope: that all who are overwhelmed by the troubles of life may find in us advocates who stand by their side, we pray:
- For a Spirit of forgiveness: that the Spirit of Christ will enable us to forgive all who have injured us and guide us in reconciling our broken relationships, we pray:
- For a Spirit of Peace: that God will give us the courage to do the work of racial healing, lead us to eliminate the current violence and destruction in our local cities, and restore harmony in our hearts, we pray:
- For the Spirit of healing: that God will touch all who are burdened with illness, including, Wendy Wexler. Renew and restore their lives, and raise them up to wholeness, we pray:
- For the Spirit of life: that God will be merciful and give eternal life to all who have died especially, George Floyd, Theresa Majkowski, the aunt of Darleen Ivey; William Binole, son of Catherine Binole, we pray:
Presider: Loving God, fill us with your spirit as you fill us with your life. Give us breath to praise you to the ends of the earth. We pray this through Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives, and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.