We are confident to make our needs known to a God who cares for us.
- For the Church: that we may live in the confident assurance of God’s abiding concern and providential care for us, we pray:
- For the grace of freedom: that God will free our hearts from fear and anxiety so that we may respond with love and concern in whatever God asks of us, we pray:
- For confidence to speak the truth: that we may speak the truth that the Spirit has planted deep in our hearts even when rejection and ridicule may be returned to us, we pray:
- For all fathers and those who have shown us a father’s love: that God will grant them good health, guide them in being good examples, and help them to be a source of encouragement to their children, we pray:
- For the children receiving First Communion this week: that they may grow in their faith and their awareness of God’s love for them, we pray:
- For all who have experienced or who live under the threat of violence, whether from neighborhood turmoil, organized crime, terrorism, armed conflict or domestic violence: that they will know God’s strengthening presence and redeeming love, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Kara Oettinger , Elaine Tolsma, Wendy Wexler, Marilyn Jane Mauritz, and Duane Fossum. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one, especially David Simondet, the brother of Jerry Simondet, and Ron Breckner, father of Bob Breckner.
May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Good and Gracious God, strengthen us to rely on your care and love. Hear our prayers that we might one day rejoice without fear with you forever. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.