We present our needs to a life-giving God who always hears us.
- For the church: that we may allow the good seed of the Gospel to take root within us and bring forth a harvest of virtue and manifestations of the reign of God, we pray:
- For patience: that we may not judge one another but rather be open to the work that God is doing within each of us that will be revealed in God’s time, we pray:
- For our community and nation, that we will learn to embrace the gifts and needs of all, especially the poor and the powerless, we pray:
- For an end to the coronavirus pandemic: that God’s healing love will inspire all who are working on treatments and vaccines to successful conclusions, we pray:
- For educational leaders: that God will give them insight and courage as they work to plan for the coming school year so that students may learn, and everyone stay safe and healthy, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, especially Tom Diger. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our beloved dead, especially Denny Migletz, Nedra Confer, and Kenny Drangstveit.
We also pray for congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis.
May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Lord, you sent your Son to teach us how to live. Hear our prayers that one day we might be judged worthy to share everlasting life with you. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.