Prayers of the Faithful August 29 & 30, 2020
Enlightened by the Spirit of wisdom, we present our petitions to our loving God.
- For the Church: that the fire of the Holy Spirit will embolden us to give witness to God and to courageously follow the example of Jesus, we pray:
- For the grace to follow Christ: that we may embrace the cross as we experience opposition, hardship or rejection and allow God to raise us to new life, we pray:
- For those affected by the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin following the shooting of Jacob Blake: that God will break the cycle of violence, heal the divisions that exist within the civic community, and protect the innocent, we pray:
- For all affected by hurricane Laura: those who died, were injured, or have lost homes. May God ease their suffering, give them strength and touch the hearts of many to assist them, we pray:
- For new spirit in leadership: that God will call women and men to leadership in the church, education, and government and gift them with critical insights and the ability to place the needs of the most vulnerable above their own, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Dale O’Brien and Earl Hutton. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died,
May they be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
God of all joys, your Son gave his life for your sake. Make us long for your mercy more than for earthly life. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.