Prayers of the Faithful September 5 & 6, 2020
Confident of God’s faithful love, we speak the prayers of our hearts.
- For the Church: that we may be a community that continues Christ’s mission of evangelizing and reconciling those who are estranged, we pray:
- That we may deepen our gratitude for nature’s rich Web of Life within which we live and may grow in openness to wiser and more just ways of caring for it and sharing it, we pray:
- For healing of racial injustice: that Christians may work to restore relationships in communities, promote the dignity of each individual, and advocate for the truth about the consequences of structures and policies, we pray:
- For public safety and relief workers: that God will protect them from harm, give them the strength to fulfill their duties, and help them offer support and hope to those in crisis, we pray:
- For all who labor: that God will renew and strengthen all who work to advance the good of society, protect them from harm, and help them to use their gifts and talents fully, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Dale O’Brien and Randy Bedard . May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially, Earl Hutton, the father of Dave Hutton, and Robert Morrison Jr., father of Robert Morrison III, that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Merciful God, hear our prayers that we might live in harmony and peace, and one day enjoy the fullness of life with you. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.