Prayers of the Faithful September 12 & 13, 2020
Mindful of the mercy we have received, we ask God’s mercy on the church and the world.
- For the Church: that we who are God’s people may faithfully reflect God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness through our words and deeds, we pray:
- For a deep awareness of God’s boundless forgiveness: that in our daily living and our experiences of our weaknesses, we may recognize how God’s unlimited forgiveness each day, we pray:
- For the grace to forgive those who have wronged us: that God will free our hearts to forgive others as God forgives us, we pray:
- For all whose lives have been touched by suicide: May God help us to grow in awareness and compassion, we pray:
- For greater care of the earth: that God will heal the damage done to the ecosystem, free us from narrow vision, and help us to change the ways that we misuse God’s gift of nature, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Dale O’Brien, Randy Bedard, and Dennis Eich;
May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially, Gert Barnes, sister of Rita Jarrard, and Donald G. Verdegan, father of Don Verdegan. __________________________________________________________
that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Gracious God, you forgive us whenever we come to you with contrite hearts. Hear our prayers that we might grow in our own willingness to forgive others as you forgive us. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.