Prayers of the Faithful October 3 & 4, 2020
Presider: We pray now for our many needs and the needs of the whole world.
- For the Church: that we may be a fruitful garden, producing a harvest rich in justice, compassion, mercy and forgiveness, we pray:
- For a deeper relationship with God: that we may not be satisfied with simply using religious words and gestures but rather make the Gospel the source of all our words and deeds, we pray:
- That during this Respect Life Month our resolve will be strengthened to cherish and protect the gift of every human life, we pray:
- For all those impacted by the coronavirus, especially President Donald Trump and members of his staff, may God’s grace and blessings be upon them in their time of healing, we pray:
- For civility in public life: that public discourse may focus on ideas and programs, and that the election speeches and materials will respect the dignity of each person, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Rosanne Kouva, and Sam Ocel.
May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially, Bernice Fischer,
that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Loving and nurturing God, we ask for the courage and grace to accept our responsibilities as fruitful people in your vineyard each day of our lives. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.