Prayers of the Faithful October 24 & 25, 2020
Presider: Confident of God’s abiding love for us, we now make our needs known so that we can love with all our hearts.
- For the Church: that we may manifest our love of God and neighbor in words that express our commitment and in deeds that show our commitment to Christ, we pray:
- That during this Respect Life Month our resolve will be strengthened to cherish and protect the gift of every human life, we pray:
- For all suffering financially: that God will move leaders of government and business to develop opportunities to avoid eviction, provide for healthcare, and expand employment opportunities, we pray:
- For an evangelizing spirit: that our faith may shine forth and be an invitation to others to come to know the God who made them and loves them, we pray:
- For safe elections: that God will protect all who plan to vote and all who will be working at polling places so all may fulfill their civic responsibilities, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Larry Nalezny and George Kohler,
May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead: Jim Kelly, Earl Hutton, Adam Ressler, Donald Verdegan, Gert Barnes and Bernice Fischer and for all who have died, especially, Jean Dineen, and Lottie Burczyk
that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Almighty God, you love us beyond compare and call us to love one another. Hear our prayers that one day we might live eternally in your love. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.