Prayers of the Faithful November 7 & 8, 2020
Let us pray for wisdom and vision as we look to what lies ahead.
- For the Church: that we may have a spirit of readiness so that we can respond to God’s presence and invitations at any moment, we pray:
- For the grace to live in the here and now: that we may not be consumed by the endless things that need to be done tomorrow, nor trapped by the events of yesterday and forget the gift of today, we pray:
- For all newly-elected officials; that they will seek to serve the common good by finding common ground, we pray:
- For healing of our nation: that God will heal the wounded relationships and mistrust amongst people, and help us to work together for the needs of all, we pray:
- For the grace to refocus on what matter to us as believers and the courage to take whatever action is needed, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Larry Nelzny Wendy Wexler, Gerri Migletz, Donna Gregory and Greg Beottcher, may they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Charline McDermott, mother of Steve McDermott, may God lead them into eternal light and peace, we pray:
God of the past, present and future, we ask you to help us look with courage at what lies ahead. Give us the wisdom to live each day as if it were our last. Grant us courage to trust in what is yet to come. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.