Prayers of the Faithful November 14 & 15, 2020
We now make our needs known to God who has entrusted to us the saving work of Jesus.
- For the Church: that we may be aware of the gifts of faith, time, and opportunity that God has entrusted to us, be good stewards of these gifts, and diligently utilize them in the service of God and our neighbor, we pray:
- For freedom from fear: that God will free us from paralyzing fear and help us to trust God’s faithfulness and love as we live life each day, we pray:
- For the grace of awareness: that God will rouse our inner selves, help us to be alert, and avoid the numbing effects of consumerism, escapism, and selfishness, we pray:
- For all who are facing an end, to a relationship, to employment, to good health, or to independent living: that God may give them hope and lead them through the pain and confusion of the adjustments that are required, we pray:
- That we may pray for our country during time of transition, that we may be Christian voices of truth, honesty and compassion, we pray:
- That those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Wendy Wexler, Gerri Migletz, Donna Gregory, and Greg Boettcher
May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- That those who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, and for all whose names have been inscribed in our Book of the Dead, and for those grieving the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Generous God, you are the giver of all that we have. Give us the vision, courage, and strength to use our gifts to benefit others. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.