Prayers of the Faithful for December 19 & 20, 2020
O God of love, you looked with favor on your servant Mary. Look with favor on the prayers we now bring to you.
- For all God’s people: may we be open to God’s calling, without knowing what the future may hold. We Pray to the Lord:
- For confidence in God’s providence: that in facing life’s obstacles, we may place our trust in God for whom nothing is impossible. We Pray to the Lord:
- For all who are isolated and alone, particularly those who are homebound or in nursing homes: that Christ may fill their emptiness and open our hearts to reach out to them. We Pray to the Lord:
- For all who are away from home, particularly members of the military and relief workers: that God will keep them safe, help them fulfill their duties, and bring them home quickly. We Pray to the Lord:
- For all who are suffering economically: that God will protect and guide those who are facing eviction, have lost employment, or who struggle to have enough to eat. We Pray to the Lord:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including,
Marsha Ruwe, Randy Bedard and Bill Zettlemoyer,
May all who suffer be encouraged by the Lord’s coming, We Pray to the Lord:
- For those who have died with faith in the Resurrection, especially Eugene Ebner, John and Charline McDermott, parents of Steve McDermott, Lazinia Ball, Mother of Vincent Ball and Cayden Andrews, great-great-grand-nephew of Maggie Fisher. Comfort those who find the Christmas holidays difficult because they have lost a loved-one during this season. We Pray to the Lord:
O God, whose mercy is without limit and kindness is endless, hear our prayers as we eagerly await your coming into our homes and hearts in the birth of your Son. We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.