Prayers of the Faithful January 9 & 10, 2021
Made children of God by baptism, we raise up our prayers in confidence.
- For the Church: that we may allow the Holy Spirit to empower and enlighten us so that our lives may manifest that we are the beloved daughters and sons of God, we pray:
- For all Christians: that we may participate more fully in the mission of Jesus and place our gifts and talents in God’s service, we pray:
- For all who are preparing for baptism and for all who are newly baptized: that they may be transformed by the waters of new life and allow the Spirit of God to guide their growth in faith, wisdom, and holiness, we pray:
- That God may protect and guide all public servants during this time of transition; that God will turn the hearts of those who resort to violence, and that our shared love for our nation will truly, peacefully unite us, we pray:
- For an end to the Coronavirus pandemic: that God will free us from this dangerous virus, make the vaccines effective, and help us rebuild our communities of faith:
- That those who are ill and have asked for our prayers be healed by God’s loving touch, including Mark Juenemann, Cheri Henderson and Kiar Poetter. we pray:
- That those who have died find comfort in the arms of God, especially, Patricia Pasek, aunt of Linda Johnson, and for those who mourn the passing of loved ones, we pray:
God of justice and compassion, help us to be worthy servants, bringing justice and unity among your people. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Messiah and Lord.