Prayers of the Faithful January 16 & 17, 2021
We entrust the Father with our lives and needs in the same hope as Samuel and the first apostles.
- For the Church: that we may introduce others to Christ through virtuous lives, loving deeds, and truthful words, we pray:
- For all who are discerning their life’s calling: that they, like Samuel, may say: “Speak Lord, your servant is listening” and offer their gifts and talents for the glory of God and the service of others, we pray:
- For peace in our nation: that God will turns hearts from violence and terrorism and heal all who have been wounded, we pray:
- For Joseph Biden and Kamala Harris: that as they assume their offices, God will guide them in leading the nation and in promoting the values of freedom, justice, and human dignity, we pray:
- For a successful vaccination program: that God will make effective the available vaccines, guide those distributing and administering them, open pathways for their distribution in poor communities and nations, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including, Mark Juenemann,
May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- We remember those who have died. For all who have died and for all who mourn their passing, we pray:
Faithful God, you know our weaknesses, yet you never tire of calling us to walk at your side. Graciously answer the prayers we make through Christ Jesus our Lord.