Prayers of the Faithful for February 20 & 21, 2021
On our journey during Lent let us be aware of our needs and the needs of the world. Let us pray for ourselves and for each other.
1. For the Church: that the Spirit may lead us during this Lenten season to a fuller living of the Gospel, steadfast faithfulness to our baptismal commitment, and generous service to those in need, we pray:
2. For grace to resist temptation: that God will help us recognize the hollowness of the fruits of temptation and help us to live faithfully as the daughters and sons whom God has made us to be, we pray:
3. For all who are facing “wild beasts”: that we may know God’s presence and strength as we face selfishness, bullying, addictions, and all the actions which destroy life, we pray:
4. For true repentance: that we will allow God’s grace to turn our hearts toward God
and enable us to put on the mind of Christ in making all our decisions, we pray:
5. For a renewal of prayer: that God will guide us to quiet places where we can
listen to God’s words and respond with sincerity, we pray:
6. For those impacted by the polar vortex that is gripping our nation; that God will grant them shelter in the storm and strengthen and guide communities as they struggle to restore shelter, warmth and water. We pray: :
7. For the sick and suffering in our community, including Tom Diger, Angela Bitzenhoffer, and Cristine De La Rosa;
for all who suffer, we pray:
8. For those who have died, especially Mary Jones, daughter of Rosemary Jones and sister of Mike Jones;
And for all who mourn their passing, we pray:
Faithful God, you never abandon those who need you. Help us to recognize your love in our daily lives and follow your holy path. We pray through Jesus Christ, our Lord.