Greetings from Father Fayant and the parishioners from St. Rose of Lima and the nearby chapels!
Father Fayant wanted to send Risen Savior a video update to share what is happening in Gris Gris, but he was unable to do this because the internet tower and internet services in the area were down due to a shortage of fuel. We hope he will be able to do so in the coming weeks, and we’ll share that with you when we are able.
Here are a few details that we obtained from Fr. Fayant:
1. The medical mobile clinic that was held in Boucan Beligie in January was a huge success; between 400-500 people were served. Father was also able to purchase medications for the St. Rose pharmacy with the funds we sent, and he has the resources for two more medical missions. On Feb 27th. the doctors and the nurses will visit the chapel of Pelagie, and in March, he will have medical mobile clinic in the chapel of Pereno.
2. In the chapel of LaBiche, where they have built a new church, they celebrated the Feast of St. Paul, and they will have a house completed for a priest in the next few months.
3. At the Saint Jude house in Gris Gris (serving the poorest of the poor), we have a caretaker who helps provide one meal a day for the six people who are currently staying there.
4. Risen Savior, in conjunction with the Parish Twinning Program and a 100% matching food grant, was able to purchase $4,000.00 worth of food for St. Rose and the chapels.
5. Finally, the political situation in Haiti is still very dangerous with kidnappings occurring. Please keep the people of Haiti in your prayers.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers for our Sister Parish, St. Rose of Lima. Father Fayant will send more information when he is able.
Blessings to all,
The Sister Parish Committee of Risen Savior