Prayers of the Faithful for April 24 & 25, 2021
Listening to Jesus’ voice and with hearts filled with confidence, we now make our needs known to our loving God.
- For the Church: that we may distinguish the voice of the Good Shepherd from all the other messages that we hear and faithfully respond to all Christ’s invitations, we pray:
- For a community grappling with the results of the Derek Chauvin trial; that the Good Shepherd will gather those impacted by systemic racism and violence, as well as lead us all to be a people of justice over revenge, we pray:
- For all who are searching: that the Good Shepherd will find them and lead them to a fuller life with purpose and a sense of belonging, we pray:
- For an end to violence: that the Good Shepherd will protect all of God’s children from random shootings, domestic violence, hate crimes, and acts of terrorism, we pray:
- For all who are laying down their lives in caring for our communities: that God will renew them and fill them with energy and love, we pray:
- That those who are ill, may feel Jesus’ healing touch in the loving hands of their caregivers, (including)
- Today we pray for our beloved dead: including Margaret Sebastian, Gerald Anderson, Shirley Valo, and Wendy Wexler as well as those who have recently died, especially Marie Bernard as well as Margaret Wozniak, mother of Risen Savior’s former pastor, Tim Wozniak;
that they may be welcomed into the fullness of life by the Good Shepherd, we pray:
Loving and caring God, you sent your only Son to be our Good Shepherd. Hear our prayers that we might always heed his voice and follow him to everlasting life. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.