Prayers of the Faithful May 1 & 2, 2021
May we who are branches on the vine of Christ raise our voices in prayer for our beloved families, friends, and neighbors and for all people across the world.
- For the Church: that we may continually draw life from Christ and bear a rich harvest of virtues and Gospel values for God’s glory, we pray:
- For an end to violence in our communities: that God will turn hearts from destructive deeds, open pathways for dialogue, and protect the innocent from harm, we pray:
- For all who see themselves as spiritual but not religious: that they may discover God’s presence in this community and develop a new understanding of church through relationships with us, we pray:
- For all communities overwhelmed by the Covid virus, particularly in India: that God will slow the spread of the virus, give strength to all caregivers, and open opportunities for the distribution of vaccines, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers. May all who suffer be comforted by our love and concern and by God’s healing touch, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one, especially Aiden Zent. May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Gracious God, you are the vine grower who has given us your Son to bind us to him and to one another. Help us to remember that we are not alone, and empower us to bear good fruit. We ask these things in the name of Jesus, the true vine. Amen.