Prayers of the Faithful May 15 & 16, 2021
As we reflect on our responsibility to assume the work of the disciples, we pray for ourselves, for our neighbors and for the whole world.
- For the Church: that, empowered by the Spirit, we may faithfully give witness to the Gospel and continue Christ’s mission of bringing hope and healing to all, we pray:
- For the children receiving Eucharistic for the first time this week, may they receive love and support from our community to nourish their faith, we pray:
- For our young people who will be confirmed this Sunday and for all who are awaiting the gift of the Holy Spirit: that their hearts may be open and their spirits receptive to all the gifts of God, we pray:
- For our brothers and sisters in Gris Gris, Haiti, especially the residents of the St. Jude House for the Poor, who face tremendous difficulties putting food on the table due to the economic and political instability: that all decision-makers in Haiti may be inspired by the Spirit of our Ascended Lord to work in the service of those most in need in their communities; we pray:
- For the unmasking of racism: that God will help us recognize the variety of forms which discrimination takes and give us the courage to defeat it, we pray:
- For all who are ill, may they be comforted by our God who heals us in body, mind, and spirit, including: Geri Longfellow and Scot Highberg, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one. May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Gracious God, you sent your Son among us to show us the way to you. Grant us all that we need to continue to work in his name, so that all creatures may be one in you. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.