On the Feast of Pentecost, let us pray that the fires of the Spirit’s love will rest upon us.
- For a Spirit of unity: that the divisions between Christians may cease and the walls that divide believers may fall, allowing us to pray and grow together as members of God’s family, we pray:
- For a Spirit of mercy: that we may reach out to all who burdened by illness, poverty, disasters or violence and show the face of God to them through our compassion and attention, we pray:
- For a Spirit of love: that we may place our time, energy, and gifts at the service of others, helping them to carry their burdens and discover God’s love for them, we pray:
- For a Spirit of forgiveness: that the Spirit of Christ will enable us to forgive all who have injured us and guide us in reconciling our broken relationships, we pray:
- For a Spirit of justice: that God will hold those who are impacted by racism, marginalization, or violence and lead us all to an existence of greater unity and equity, we pray:
- For the Spirit of healing: that God will touch all who are burdened with illness, including, Thomas Diger, Geri Longfellow, Scot Highberg, and Mike Becker.
May God renew and restore their lives, and raise them up to wholeness, we pray:
- For the Spirit of life: today we pray for our beloved dead, including Margaret Sebastian, Gerald Anderson, Shirley Valo, Wendy Wexler, and Marie Bernard, as well as those who have recently died. (especially)
- That God will be merciful and give eternal life to them we pray:
Presider: Loving God, fill us with your spirit as you fill us with your life. Give us breath to praise you to the ends of the earth. We pray this through Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives, and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.