Prayers of the Faithful July 17 & 18, 2021
We follow in the footsteps of Jesus, the Shepherd, by caring and praying for one another, for our neighbors and for the whole world.
- For the Church: that we may be witnesses to God’s message, expressions of God’s nurturing love, and instruments of God’s healing care to all who find life’s journey burdensome, we pray:
- For peace where there is conflict: that, like a shepherd, God may lead us away from violence and into greater appreciation of life and the value of each person, we pray:
- For Pope Francis and the bishops: that they may have the hearts of true shepherds and guide the church closer to Jesus, we pray:
- For a spirit of compassion: that God will touch our hearts with care and concern for all whom we find needy or demanding, we pray:
- For refugees, immigrants, the homeless, and the oppressed: that God may show them a shepherd’s care and raise up effective leaders to assist them, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including, Sandy Hartung; may they find comfort and healing, through God’s love, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Mary Thul, and for all who mourn their passing, we pray
Lord, you have always looked kindly upon your people, regardless of their worthiness. You sent caring leaders and your Son, Jesus, to shepherd the weary and discouraged. Show us how to follow his example and be caring shepherds to those in need. We pray this through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.