Prayers of the Faithful July 24 & 25, 2021
My friends, we who have gathered here to be fed in this Eucharist remember and pray for all who need to be nourished in any way.
1. For the Church: that it may grow in its identity as a Eucharistic people, we pray:
2. For all who endure hunger each day, particularly orphans, immigrants, and the marginalized: that God will open avenues for food to reach them and help our hearts to be more sensitive to their needs and more aware of our abundance, we pray:
3. For our Archdiocese as we continue the Synod process and prepare for small groups at our parish this fall: that the Spirit who calls us to unity may inspire each of us to live our baptismal calls with humility, gentleness, patience, and love, we pray:
4. For all who bring food to our table each day, for farmers, harvesters, transporters, grocers, and cooks: that God will bless them abundantly and renew their life and wellbeing, we pray:
5. For care and protection of the environment that provides food for the whole world, we pray:
6. For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including, Sandy Hartung
may they find comfort and healing, through God’s love, we pray:
7. Today we pray for our Beloved Dead: Ward Kierski, Dale Schlichting, Paul Pfeifer, Mark Juenemann, Cliff Drenttel, Jean Lesmeister
God of power and promise, you feed us at the Eucharistic table and call us to be mindful of all who are hungry. Grant us the grace to be worthy of this calling and to feed others as you feed us. We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Amen.