Prayers of the Faithful August 21 & 22, 2021
We, who were pledged by baptism to serve the Lord, pray now for one another and for others both near and far.
- For the Church: that we will find nourishment and sustenance in Christ, the Bread of Life, for our daily journey and the fulfillment for all the hungers and yearnings of our hearts, we pray:
- For a new vision of our life journey: that we may be open to the vision God holds for us and that we may be free to rely upon God as we encounter trials, struggles, and doubts, we pray:
- For relief from wildfires and drought: that God will help all who are fighting the wildfires, give strength to those who have evacuated, and send rain to relieve the areas suffering from drought, we pray:
- For the people of Afghanistan: that God will preserve them from bloodshed, open passageways for those who have cooperated with western nations, and fill hearts with hope in their darkest moments, we pray:
- For the people of Haiti, especially our Sister Parish in Gris Gris: that God will protect them from further harm, give them strength, and open the hearts of many to assist them, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Karen Atkinson and Don Katula. May they find comfort and healing, through God’s love, we pray:
- That those who have died, including: Louis Molnar, Mary Thul, Thomas Moran Sr. and Bill Tschohl. May they share in the heavenly banquet and experience the peace and joy of God’s kingdom. We pray
God of life: you give us your Son as living bread, that we may have life with you forever. Hear our prayers for our own needs, for all who are hungry and for all who yearn for life. We pray in the name of your Son, Jesus, the bread of life. Amen.