Prayers of the Faithful August 28 & 29, 2021
Let us, out of a spirit of love, pray now for our own needs and for the needs of others.
- For the Church: that we may daily choose to follow Christ and find the fulfillment of all our deepest longings in Him, we pray:
- For the grace to love unselfishly: that we may place the needs and welfare of others ahead of our interests just as Christ laid down his life out of love for us, we pray:
- For our Archdiocesan Synod process: that all involved whether through planning, participation, and/or prayer may each be enlivened by Jesus’ example to follow God’s loving guidance rather than tempted to cling to our own human traditions, we pray:
- For scientists who study climate and environment: that God will guide and inspire their work as they seek to understand the factors that impact our weather systems, we pray:
- For all who are beginning a new semester, particularly those who are going away for the first time: that God will guide and protect them in the months ahead and help them to grow in wisdom, knowledge, and love, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Don Katula , Karen Atkinson and Lawrence Dobias, grandfather of Rebecca Dobias. May God strengthen them, renew them, and fill them with healing, we pray:
God of compassion, we ask for the gift of discernment, that we may be able to distinguish between the letter and the spirit of the law. Make us aware of the needs of others in all that we do. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.