Prayers of the Faithful September 25 & 26, 2021
With humility and a Christ-like attitude, let us ask God for the grace we need to champion those who have nothing.
- For the Church: that we may welcome the gift of the Spirit and be transformed by the Spirit’s work in us so that God’s mercy, compassion, and presence may be manifest to our world. we pray:
- For positive developments in the worsening COVID-19 pandemic; that God will bless care-givers with strength, grace and safety, and guide the public to helpful decisions that benefit the common good. we pray:
- For refugees, especially the thousands of Haitian migrants who are facing the challenges of deportation, we pray:
- As we approach October, the month of the Rosary as well as Respect Life Month, that through the intercession of Mary we might come to a greater respect and appreciation for life in all its stages, we pray:
- For all who have been cheated or defrauded of their income: that God will overturn the injustice and provide for their needs. we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Kathy Fastner, Tom Diger and Marge Donofrio May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- Our Beloved Dead, for whom we pray, are: Arvilla Rivers, Jim Westberg, Jerry Elfering, and Benedict John Kautzman.
We also pray for those who have more recently died, especially Kathleen Meyer, mother of Ken Meyer and Dorothy Ascheman; may they all experience the peace and joy of God’s kingdom, we pray:
Presider: God of surprises, you have always acted on behalf of your people, but not always as they expected. Keep our hearts and minds open to your movement among us. Help us to welcome those who demonstrate your power, whoever they may be. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.