Prayers of the Faithful October 2 & 3, 2021
From the moment of creation we were called to union with God and each other. Let us pray that our relationships be faithful and strong.
- For the Church: that we may be a sign of communion between God and humanity and a means of reconciliation amongst all people. we pray:
- For those preparing to participate in the Synod process, that God grant them the courage to speak and the grace to listen as they take part in this very important and formative process, we pray:
- For all married or engaged couples: that they may recognize Christ in each other, grow into true oneness of life, and bring God’s love to others. we pray:
- For all who have experienced or have been impacted by divorce: that God will heal their pain, renew their sense of self, and help them find support and understanding in our community, we pray:
- As we enter Breast Cancer Awareness Month, that God will bring an end to this tragic disease, grant courage to the women who undergo treatment, and give strength to the affected families, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Bonnie and Rhoda Hokanson, Kathy Fastner, David Osterkamp, and Mary Lou Kojak. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Gordy Buesgens may they all experience the peace and joy of God’s kingdom, we pray:
God of all creation, we pray that you will strengthen us as we strive to sustain the many relationships in our lives. Empower us to help one another and to be open to one another’s unique circumstances and struggles. We ask this in the name Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.