Prayers of the Faithful October 9 & 10, 2021
Those who faithfully follow Jesus have been promised an inheritance of eternal life. We ask God for the grace to be faithful.
- For the Church: that we may experience God looking upon us with love and respond generously to what God asks of us today we pray:
- For our Sister Parish, St. Rose of Lima in Gris Gris, Haiti, that God will continue to bless their community and strengthen the partnership between our parishes.
- For the Synod that recently began: that God will guide the whole Church in listening to the Holy Spirit so that we may deepen our communion and be more faithful to the mission of evangelization and reconciliation, we pray:
- As we approach National Indigenous Peoples Day, that our Creator, whose voice we hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to the world, may bless us with a spirit of awareness and respect for the original inhabitants of the land upon which we live, we pray:
- For freedom from attachments: that God will give us the courage to live with less and embrace our families, our community members, and the gift of each day more fully, we pray:
- For those impacted by the school shooting in Arlington Texas this past week, that God will heal the injured, mend our brokenness, and guide our leaders to enforce and enact laws that protect all in our society, especially those most vulnerable, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including
Caron Entenman, Bonnie Hokanson, Kathy Fastner,
David Osterkamp, Pattie Edel, and Mary Lou Kojak. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Rhoda Hokanson and Rodney Coburn, brother of Mary Ehalt, may they all experience the peace and joy of God’s kingdom, we pray:
Presider: God, through Jesus, our teacher, we learn wisdom. Grant that we have courage to follow your commands. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.