Prayers of the Faithful November 20 & 21, 2021
The vision of the reign of God includes all people, nations and languages. And so we pray for us all.
- For the Church: that we may become people of truth through listening to God’s Word, sharing in the Eucharist, and giving witness to it in our decisions and actions, we pray:
- For transformation of our attitudes: that we may follow Christ in using our power and abilities to wash the feet of others, speak up for those who are oppressed, and help carry the burdens of those who are suffering, we pray:
- For the safety of all travelers as we approach Thanksgiving: that God will protect all who are traveling this week and help them to have renewing visits with family and friends, we pray:
- For all whose commitment to the truth brings them into conflict with the social, governmental, and religious authorities: that they may learn from and be strengthened by Christ, the suffering servant of truth, we pray:
- For all who are separated from family during the holiday season, that God will give them comfort and hope, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including
- Scott Highberg, and Mona and Wendy Powell. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, may they all enjoy the peace of God’s kingdom.
All-powerful God, you sent Jesus among us to establish a reign unlike any other on earth: a reign of justice, peace, love, and truth for all people. Help us to be living signs of your vision for all and to bring your reign to full fruition. We pray through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.