Prayers of the Faithful November 27 and 28, 2021
Our loving God is ever present to us and vigilant for our needs. Therefore, we make known these needs.
- For the Church: that we may be attentive to God’s presence and action in our lives so that we may be ready to act when God invites, we pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
- For the grace of vigilance: that we may stay attentive to the Word of God and the signs of our times so that our hearts may not be numbed into complacency nor our minds trapped by worry, we pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
- For the gift of patience: that God will teach us how to wait and allow God’s plan to unfold in our lives and our relationships, we pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
- For all those harmed in the Christmas Parade tragedy in Waukesha, WI; that God will heal the injured and comfort those mourning the death of a loved one, we pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
- For all gathered here: that Christ may increase our love for one another and help us to be overflowing with generosity toward all who are in need, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Mona and Wendy Powell. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead: Rodney Coburn, Molly Ann Riedel, Molly Moran, and Fr. Denny Dempsey. We also pray for those who more recently died, especially Ione Hartl and Nancy Hoy. May they all enjoy the peace of God’s kingdom. We pray: *Come to us, Emmanuel
O Lord, grant us the ability to see the face of Jesus wherever he appears among us, and help us to live in awareness this Advent season. We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.