Prayers of the Faithful – January 8 & 9, 2022
Made children of God by baptism, we raise up our prayers in confidence.
- For the Church: that we may recognize our calling to be daughters and sons of God and empowered by the Holy Spirit manifest God’s love and compassion through our words and deeds, we pray:
- For understanding: that we may learn from Jesus how to be fully human and place all our gifts and talents into God’s service, we pray:
- For all who have been baptized in our community, particularly those during this last year, may they be faithful disciples of Jesus and continue to grow in their knowledge and love of God, we pray:
- For all catechumens: that they may hear God’s call, allow God to prepare a way in their hearts, and grow in their relationship with God each day., we pray:
- For those in need of care: for refugees, the ill, those unjustly detained, and those who lack heat or food, that God’s love will comfort them and the hearts of many that reach out to them, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Lloyd Rivers, Jim Trowbridge, Gerry Migletz and Joe Groff. May they be healed by God’s loving touch, we pray:
- For those who have died, and for those who mourn the passing of loved ones, that they may be welcomed into the arms of God, we pray:
God of mercy, you never cease to call us to repentance and fullness of life. Hear our prayers as we strive to follow the way of Jesus. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.