Prayers of the Faithful January 15 & 16, 2022
Let us pray that Jesus’ ongoing abundant love may touch our lives and the lives of others both near and far.
- For the church: that it may continue Jesus’ ministry of serving people and making change for the better, we pray:
- For a greater recognition of the abundance of the Spirit’s gifts: that we utilize the gifts that we have been given and encourage one another to build up the Body of Christ and to serve those who are in need, we pray:
- For all who have been impacted by the worsening Covid pandemic, that God will help us to take steps to protect the vulnerable, and lead us to act in service to others as we navigate this challenging time, we pray:
- As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. Day, that God will lead us to greater unity and peace in our deeply divided country and to continue to push for racial equality throughout the world, we pray.
- For all couples: that they may be channels of God’s love to one another and signs of God’s presence in society, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Lloyd Rivers, Jim Trowbridge, and Joe Groff. May they be healed by God’s loving touch, we pray:
- For those who have died, and for those who mourn the passing of loved ones, (especially,) Geri Migletz, that they may be welcomed into the arms of God, we pray:
Presider: O God, your love for us is a never-ending abundance. Hear our prayers that one day we might share forever in the glory of your heavenly wedding banquet. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.