Prayers of the Faithful January 22 & 23, 2022
Let us pray that the glad tidings of God’s love and care for those in need be brought to fulfillment.
- For the Church: that we may recognize our identity as members of the Body of Christ and manifest the Good News in our lives, our families, and our workplaces, we pray:
- For teachers and preachers: that God will inspire them with words that will renew the faith of those who hear them and encourage them to greater trust in God’s providence, we pray:
- For all who are facing disruptions from the COVID-19 pandemic, especially families and teachers who are readjusting to remote learning and remote working; that God will continue to comfort the afflicted and protect the vulnerable, we pray:
- For all who steward earth’s resources: that we may recognize all of creation as God’s gift to us and grow in awareness of our responsibility to care for the earth, we pray:
- For all who struggle with emotional and mental illness: that they may come to know a time of God’s favor and receive peace and relief from their struggles, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers. May they be healed by God’s loving touch, including, Jim Trowbridge, Mary Dobmeier, Joe Groff, Larry Simmons and Loretta Lyden, mother-in-law of Marilyn Lyden. we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead: Ione Hartl, Grace Vandal, and Margaret Hutchinson. We also pray for those who have more recently died, especially, Barbara Santoro, mother of Jennifer Rotty. May they find comfort in the arms of God, we pray:
O God, you sent your Son in the power of the Holy Spirit to bring us the glad tidings of salvation. Hear our prayers that we may come to the fullness of life Jesus proclaimed. We ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen.