Prayers of the Faithful for February 5 & 6, 2022
Let us pray now for our own needs and the needs of the whole world.
- For the Church: that we may be attentive to God’s invitations and allow Jesus to draw our attention away from our fear and limits so that we can respond to all that God asks, we pray:
- For peace: that God will inspire those working to reduce tension in Eastern Europe, bring forth new understanding of one another’s concerns, and open new paths for justice and respect, we pray:
- For those called to promote social and economic justice throughout the world; for all organizations and groups that protect civil and human rights, we pray,
- For all those impacted by the school shooting in Richfield this past week: that God will heal the injured, welcome the souls of the departed, and comfort those mourning their loss, we pray:
- For all who feel unwelcome or unworthy before God: that God’s unconditional love may heal and free them so that they may live in the freedom of the children of God, we pray:
- For all participating in the Olympic Games: that they may celebrate the athletic gifts that God has given them and promote a spirit of respect and understanding within the human family, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers. May they be healed by God’s loving touch, including, Larry Simmons, Jerry Simondet, and Mary Dobmeier we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Richard Haberman, brother of Chuck Haberman. may they find comfort in the arms of God, we pray:
O God, you sent your son among us so that we might follow him in bringing others to salvation. Hear our prayer that we might be faithful in all we do and come one day to share the fullness of life with you. We ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen.