Prayers of the Faithful for February 12 & 13, 2022
Let us pray now for our own needs and the needs of the whole world.
- For the Church: that the power of Christ’s resurrection may give us vision and perspective for our lives and the courage to live for God each day, we pray:
- For new sight and insight: that we may not be blinded by comfort or privilege to the struggles and suffering of others, we pray:
- For an end to violence and the exploitation of the poor: that God will raise up those who are exploited in slave-like working conditions or caught in human trafficking and heal their wounds, and lead them to a new life, we pray:
- For those engaged in the clean up following the recent catastrophic oil spill near Lima, Peru, as well as for the overall protection and renewal of the earth: that God will inspire and guide us as we strive to be better stewards of the air, land, and water which God has given to us, we pray:
- For national leaders: that God will give them wisdom in addressing the issues that challenge society, free them from self-reliance, and inspire them to work for the common good, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers. May they be healed by God’s loving touch, including, Ron Brixius, Jerry Simondet, and Mary Dobmeier we pray:
- For those who have died, may they find comfort in the arms of God, we pray:
Loving God, you sent your son to show us the way of holy living. Hear our prayers that we might become ever more people of your way. We ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen.