Prayers of the Faithful March 5 & 6, 2022
In this season of renewal and repentance, let us pray for ourselves and for all who are in need throughout the world.
- For the Church: that the Spirit will lead us closer to God and help us remain faithful children of God, we pray:
- For this community of faith: that through our Lenten journey, we may prepare to renew our profession of faith and be able to see the spiritual fruits of our observances, we pray:
- For Peace: that God will inspire and strengthen the human endeavor to bring an end to violence in Ukraine, as well as protect the innocent, and help us care for the refugees of the war, we pray:
- For all those impacted by the recent earthquake in Veracruz, Mexico, we pray:
- For wisdom: that God will lead us to freedom of spirit and inspire our choices as we face trials and temptations in life, we pray:
- For all who are estranged from the church: that the Spirit will heal their wounds, give them a new understanding, and help them find a welcoming community to support them on their faith journey, we pray:
- We pray for those who are ill and have asked for our prayers Corrine Garness, Tom Moga, son-in-law of John and Lorraine Czek and Elle Muchow, granddaughter of Darlene Ivy …we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Jerry Simondet, Rita Good, David Orth, farther of Doug Orth,and Helene Josephine Smith, mother of Cindy Mokos; that all who have died find joy in the resurrection…we pray:
Merciful God, you were with Jesus in his times of temptation and trouble. Be with us when we struggle with the faith commitment made when we were baptized. Help us to remember that you are also our refuge, our fortress and our sustainer. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.