Prayers of the Faithful April 2 & 3, 2022
Aware of God’s mercy and forgiveness, let us pray with confidence to our loving Father.
- For the Church: that we may give witness to the dying and rising of Christ by our lives and be instruments of hope, mercy, and grace to all who are experiencing loss or limitation, we pray:
- For each of us gathered here in faith, may we share with others the mercy and compassion with which God has blessed us, we pray:
- That our faith community may reap the spiritual fruits of our Lenten observance as we continue our journey towards Holy Week, we pray:
- For peace: that God’s Spirit will change hearts, bring an end to violence, and establish peace and justice in every land, we pray:
- For the gift of a new beginning: that God will transform our fears into hope, selfishness into love, and deaths into new life, we pray:
- For all who have been injured or betrayed: that we may let go of resentments, be freed of judgments, extend forgiveness and mercy to those who have hurt us, and attend to what God is asking of us today, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including: Rose Call, Kayo Silvernale, Peg Fink, Diane Johnson, and Elle Muchow, granddaughter of Darlene and David Ivy …we pray:
- For those who have died, may they know the joy of the resurrection, we pray:
Merciful God, we know that we are all sinners. Help us to be compassionate toward one another and to remember that you are always ready to offer us forgiveness and new life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.