Prayers of the Faithful May 7 & 8, 2022
Let us pray now for ourselves and for all who are in need of shepherding.
- For the Church, that we may hear the voice of Jesus and follow him to fuller life and loving service, we pray:
- For all who have shepherded us, particularly parents, teachers, and mentors: that God will continue to work through them and guide them in helping others to grow, we pray:
- For greater care of earth’s resources: that God will move hearts to greater awareness of the fragility of the air and freshwater so that they may be preserved for our children and grandchildren, we pray:
- For the children receiving First Communion this week: that they may grow in their faith and their awareness of God’s love for them, we pray:
- For all mothers and those who have been like a mother to us: that God will bless and strengthen them and inspire us to greater love by their witness of love and concern, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Julian Smischney, Sandy Hartung, and Herman Joseph Brass, may they feel the Good Shepherd’s healing touch, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one, may they find comfort in the joy of Jesus’ resurrection, we pray:
Presider: Loving God, you shepherd your people with unfailing care. Hear our prayers that one day we might enjoy eternal life with you. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.