Prayers of the Faithful June 18 & 19, 2022
As a people bound in a deep covenant relationship with God, we express our gratitude by praying for one another, for our neighbors and for the whole world.
- For the Church: that we will live as a Eucharistic people, giving and sharing ourselves, as Christ continually does for us, so that all may have life, we pray:
- For this assembly: that we may find strength in each Eucharist that we share so that we may profess in word and deed the dying and rising of Lord each day, we pray:
- For those who bring Eucharist to hospitals and the homebound, that they be signs of God’s love, compassion, and healing, we pray
- For all fathers and stepfathers; grandfathers and godfathers; for all men who serve and nurture young people; for their strength and tenderness, courage and wisdom, generosity, and faithfulness, we pray:
- For the grace of thankfulness: that we may begin each day with a spirit of gratitude and grow in our awareness of all God’s gifts to us and the opportunities that we have to use them, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers Vernon Yetzer and Lawrence Dobias grandfather of Rebecca Dobias May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who mourn the death of a loved one, especially Patricia Green; may all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Generous and loving God, we are grateful that you have chosen us as your people. Help us to live out the Eucharist by giving ourselves for one another. We ask this in the name of Jesus, who gives himself to us again and again. Amen.