Prayers of the Faithful June 25 & 26, 2022
As we struggle to be faithful to our own calling, let us pray for ourselves and for the many needs of people throughout the world.
- For the church: that we may stay faithful to the challenging call of discipleship, we pray:
- For the grace of freedom: that we may know freedom of mind and heart so that we can serve those in need around us and not be controlled by the expectations and demands of society, we pray:
- For all who are recovering from storms, floods or other natural disasters – especially those impacted by the recent earthquake in Afghanistan: that God will embrace the souls of the deceased, comfort those who mourn them, and open the hearts of many to assist them, we pray:
- For healing of families and communities: that those of different religious traditions may recognize the God who is at work in every heart and experience renewal of their relationships and new ways to cooperate, we pray:
- For the leaders in our government: that the Spirit will guide them in addressing the issues of injustice , violence and poverty, and work more diligently for those who are oppressed or forgotten by society, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Lawrence Dobias, grandfather of Rebecca Dobias and for all who are suffering in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- For our beloved dead, including Kayo Sivernale, Tudi Yonke, Jeff Czeck, Brian Kopek, Eliza Hosana-Argosino, and Wiliam Smith and for all who mourn the death of a loved one. May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
God who guides us, let us not forget that you are with us as we struggle on our journey with Jesus. Help us to focus on what is most important, and allay our confusion, doubts and fears. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.