Prayers of the Faithful July 9 & 10, 2022
Our God is compassionate and merciful and so surely hears the prayers of those who cry out in need.
- For the Church: that we may follow Christ, the head of the Church, more closely and continue his mission of reconciling others to both God and one another, we pray:
- For the Risen Savior community: that our deeds of compassion and loving service may be signs of God’s presence and action in the world, we pray:
- For insight: that God will help us recognize our neighbor in the refugee, the homeless person, and the marginalized of society, and inspire our response to their needs today, we pray:
- For all impacted by violence, especially those impacted by the recent shooting in Highland Park, Illinois, that God will bless the souls of the deceased, heal those who are injured or grieving, and inspire new ways of collaboration to enact measures to more effectively promote the safety and welfare of all, we pray:
- For healing of racism: that we may be instruments of reconciliation, working for justice, and promoting the advancement of all who have suffered prejudice or discrimination, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Lily Kankovsky, Virginia Van Pelt, and Barbara Langloss. and for all who are suffering in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Lawrence Dobias, grandfather of Rebecca Dobias. May they share fully in the new life of Christ and live with God forever, we pray:
Loving God, you hear the prayers of those who cry out to you. Grant our prayers, strengthen us in our love, and lead us to enjoy eternal life with you. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.