Prayers of the Faithful July 16 & 17, 2022
Let us pray now for all those we are called to welcome into our lives.
- For the Church: that our deeds of hospitality and service may reveal for us a glimpse the face of God, we pray:
- For all who are busy about work and progress: that God will free us from overworking, help us find the life-giving balance, and recognize the relationships which bring us life, we pray:
- For all who experience anxiety and worry: that the Spirit will help them to be open to rest in God’s healing presence, we pray:
- For all the participants and staff from Risen Savior who depart this weekend for their Mission Trip; may God keep them safe, inspire their work, and leave them with life-long memories and relationships. we pray:
- For the recognition and development of the ministries of women: that God will help all to appreciate and affirm the gifts that women bring to the church and support them in using their gifts, we pray:
- For peace: that God will turn hearts from violence in our cities and families, open new opportunities for dialogue, and protect innocent people from attacks and errant gunfire, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Rebecca Scott, Lily Kankovsky, Virginia Van Pelt, and Barbara Langloss. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection; especially Frank Kremer and for those who are struggling with grief for the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Gracious God, you have chosen to dwell among us in unexpected, surprising ways, most especially in the person of your own Son, Jesus. Give us open and fearless hearts and minds that we may welcome you however and whenever you appear. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.