Prayers of the Faithful July 23 & 24, 2022
Remembering that Jesus taught us the importance of persistent prayer, we pray now for ourselves and others.
- For the Church: that all members grow through prayer in their relationship with God and each other, we pray:
- For our faith community; that we may continue to be the house of prayer that God calls us to be, we pray:
- For persistence in prayer: that the Spirit will teach us how to authentically express our deepest self to God in prayer and give us strength to never grow tired of presenting our needs, we pray:
- For those in financial crisis in this time of economic insecurity, that God will provide for the needs of those struggling and give them hope, we pray:
- For the youth of the church: that they may find new ways to encounter Christ and follow the light of the Gospel, we pray:
- For all who are celebrating the sacrament of Baptism this month, that they feel the welcome of this community as they begin a new life in the love of Christ. We pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Allison Maxa, Rebecca Scott, and Barbara Langloss and for all who are suffering in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead: Sandy Hartung, Patricia Green, and Debbie Kieser, as well as those who have died more recently, especially Sr. Lorraine Kraft, sister of Karen Atkinson and Mary Christopherson. May they share fully in the new life of Christ and live with God forever, we pray:
Gracious God, like our ancestors in faith, we lift our hearts and voices to you in prayer. We call upon your mercy and compassion, remembering that you love and care for us. We pray this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.