Aware that living the Gospel can be a dangerous thing, we pray for our fellow Christians, as well as for all people loved by God.
- For the Church: that we may be transformed by the fire of the Spirit into a dynamic community of faith and give witness to God’s abiding presence and action in the world, we pray:
- For all who are suffering for their discipleship: that God give them strength, console them when they are rejected, and help them to respond with love and forgiveness, we pray:
- For the families that are preparing to have a child baptized, that they feel welcomed in the community and find all the support they need to raise a child in the faith, we pray:
- For families which are divided or in conflict: that God will help them to hear and understand one another and find ways to support each other on life’s journey, we pray:
- For all teachers and administrators as they prepare for the coming school year: that God will give them wisdom, patience and understanding for each of the students with whom they will work this year, we pray:
- For young people who are heading off to college, particularly those going away for the first time: that God will guide them as they adapt to being on their own and help them to make wise decisions and many new friends, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Diane Sparrow, and Ed Lynch. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection; especially; Ben Scharber, brother of Rita Lefebvre, and for those who are struggling with grief for the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
God our protector, stand with us as we commit to living as faithful followers of your Son, Jesus. Help us to love and respect those who do not understand or value our choices and strengthen us when we waver. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.