Prayers of the Faithful August 20 & 21, 2022
Let us ask God for the strength needed to follow Jesus faithfully through death to new life.
- For the church: that we may present the face of God’s loving invitation to the whole world, we pray:
- For unity in the Body of Christ: that Christians from east and west, north and south, may work together in confronting evil, poverty, and disease so that the Gospel may be made known in deeds as well as words, we pray:
- For all who are working to promote racial and religious harmony: that God will guide their efforts and help all to recognize the dignity of each other, we pray:
- For grace to enter through the narrow gate: that the Spirit will guide each of us in living with forgiveness, compassion, self-control and acts of service so that our lives may manifest the reign of God, we pray:
- For our Sister Parish, St. Rose of Lima in Gris Gris Haiti, who are celebrating a special Mass of Thanksgiving for our sister parish relationship this weekend and who are celebrating their patronal feast day this Tuesday, that they may know our loving concern and solidarity for them in a special way. We pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Pat Scully, Diane Sparrow, and Ed Lynch. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection, and for those who are struggling with grief for the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Merciful God, you extend your love to all people who are open to receive it. Help us to be steadfast in our commitment and strengthen us when we falter. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.