Prayers of the Faithful for August 27 & 28, 2022
Knowing that we are to be focused on the needs of others, we remember them now in prayer.
- For the Church: that we may grow in our awareness that everything is a gift and that all we have and all we accomplish is a result of God’s love for us, we pray:
- For the grace of humility: that we come to a deeper understanding and ownership of our gifts and weakness and stand with all our sisters and brothers on the journey of faith, we pray:
- For a greater spirit of hospitality: that all people may find welcome and inclusion in our worship, in our social gatherings, and in our service activities, we pray:
- For the grace to be more inclusive: that we may be open to all the gifts that different cultural, ethnic, economic, educational, and age groups bring to our community and work to include these gifts in our ministries and activities, we pray:
- For those who reach out to the poor and the marginalized, especially, Fr. Bill and the Spiritans, as well as all those involved in the missionary work of the greater Church: that God will continue to bless their efforts and inspire generosity in those who would support their cause. We pray,
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Pat Scully, and Sue Bertram. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead, including Steve Suman, Ernie and Marge Dosedel, Frank Kremer, Sister Lorraine Kraft, Lawrence Dobias and Tobita Diaz Garcia. We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection, and for those who are struggling with grief for the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Gracious God, we pray for the awareness to be ever alert to those most in need. Grant us the humility to put their needs before our own and to be willing to serve them with our whole hearts. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.