Prayers of the Faithful – September 17 & 18, 2022
Let us pray now for all our brothers and sisters, regardless of their worldly possessions.
- For the church: that it may inspire and guide us in our wise use of worldly goods, we pray:
- For the attention of our leaders to the needs of the poor and disenfranchised, we pray:
- For our sisters and brothers in Gris-Gris, may God bless them and their pastor, Fr. Fayant as he continues his ministry at St. Rose of Lima, we pray:
- For all who serve the poor and marginalized: that God will strengthen them as they show love and compassion and that they may find Christ in all whom they serve, we pray:
- For the ability to forego things we do not need and use our money wisely, we pray:
- September is Suicide Prevention Month. For those living with a mental illness, depression, and suicidal thoughts: that they may find the help and support, and resources that they need, we pray to the Lord.:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Albert Fischer, Thomas Edwards and Sue Bertram. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection, may they rejoice forever in God’s eternal home, we pray:
God who knows our hearts, you call us to remember the needs of the poor at all times. Make us wise and prudent so that we can be faithful to our commitment to follow Jesus. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.