Prayers of the Faithful for October 1 & 2, 2022
We are people seeking to deepen our faith, and so we pray for one another.
- For the church: that it may be an authentic faith community in service to others, we pray:
- For a vision of hope: that all who face violence, destruction, and chaos may be renewed by the Spirit of God and become a source of light and promise to others who are struggling, we pray:
- For all those impacted by Hurricane Ian, that God will bless those in harm’s way with safety and peace and strengthen and protect the workers who are giving aid, we pray:
- October is Respect Life month. For the respect and protection of the dignity of each human person from conception to natural death; we pray:
- For those who are working to build a culture that welcomes and respects all human life: may the Holy Spirit help them bring God’s love and mercy to those in need, we pray:
- The month of October each year is dedicated to the Most Holy Rosary. For trust in the power of the Blessed Mother’s intercession to implore God’s mercy for our suffering world, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Chad Lyon, Kathy Fastner, and Thomas Edwards. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection, especially Virginia Van Pelt; may they rejoice forever in God’s eternal home, we pray:
God who speaks to our hearts, hear us when we pray for sustained or deepened faith. Give us the strength to serve and encourage others when our own faith is weak. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.