Prayers of the Faithful October 22 & 23, 2022
Let us humbly stand before our God and pray for our needs.
- For the Church: that we may recognize our need for God and resist relying upon our own efforts to justify ourselves, we pray:
- For greater compassion: that we may proclaim the greatness of God and show God’s love and concern for all who face the burdens of life, we pray:
- For the grace of humility: that we may come before God honestly, surrendering our pride, and recognizing the limits of strengths and abilities, we pray:
- For a spirit of gratitude: that we may recognize all our gifts, possessions, and opportunities as gifts from God and place each of them in the service of God, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Mary Trudell, and Marna Keenan; may they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead including: Clayton Hatzenbuhler, Theresa Becker, Christine De la Rosa, Juan Carlos Nava Reyes, and Pat Jarrard. We also remember those have more recently died, especially Doug Lemay, brother-in-law of Karla McKenzie; may they rejoice forever in God’s eternal home, we pray:
Merciful God, you hear the cry of those who humble themselves before your majesty. Hear our prayers that one day we might be exalted with you forever. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.