Prayers of the Faithful for November 12 & 13, 2022
Aware that signs of the end times are always with us, we pray for awareness of God’s loving presence in the here and now.
- For the Church: that we may offer hope and vision to all the human family in times of confusion and offer support for those who are searching for God, we pray:
- For a spirit of hope: that God will drive disabling fear from our hearts and help us face the future with confidence and trust that God is always with us and will never abandon us, we pray:
- For all who are experiencing an “end of their world”: that those who have become ill, lost employment, been divorced, or are grieving the death of a loved one may know God’s comforting presence this day and be strengthened by God’s Spirit, we pray:
- For all who have been elected to office: that God will give them wisdom to address the pressing issues and a spirit of collaboration to achieve the best for our country, we pray:
- For freedom from deceit: that we may hear the voice of the one true shepherd who calls us to life, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Jim Dwyer. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died especially Michael Becker, John F. Alexander, and Maria Brass, mother of Marianne Brass. May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
God who loves and protects all that is, we pray for hope and perseverance in uncertain times. Let our trust in you keep us calm, unafraid, and focused on being the face of Jesus in the world. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.