Prayers of the Faithful December 3 & 4, 2022
As we prepare for Jesus’ coming to us, we pray for our needs and for those of the whole world.
- For the Church: that through our baptism with Spirit and fire, we may courageously live the Gospel and be instruments for the transformation for the world, we pray:
- For our nation and for the world, that we may be committed to restoring peace and justice for all, we pray:
- For a spirit of hospitality: that we may welcome one another as Christ has welcomed us, as sisters and brothers, children of God, we pray:
- For anyone who is trapped in a situation of human trafficking, that God will help to liberate them from their chains; and for all of us, that we may increase in our awareness of the problem of human trafficking and become a voice in the public square calling for its abolition, we pray:
- For all whose work is devoted to providing for the needs of others, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Nancy Mosely, Lorraine Czeck, Laura Krause, and Jean Burns, may they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died, may all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Loving God, you sent John the Baptist to prepare the way for Jesus. Fill us with your grace and make us heralds of God’s hope for our world. We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.